Saturday, March 17, 2012

Here lately....

I haven't had a post recently with actual pictures so I thought I would document a few things we have done lately. We have had a busy year so far but it has been fun. Most of these are pictures taken with my phone so the quality isn't the best.

I snapped this picture while he was sleeping. He has Cami by the tale and she doesn't even seem to mind. She made herself comfy in the midst of all his stuffed animals.

Colby and I went on a date to Rocket City Diner. He enjoyed it very much.

                             I saw this on pinterest and just had to make it for a friends daughter. I made one for my friend too but she said her daughter stole it for her room too. I love to paint. There is something very calming about it. I may not be good at it but I enjoy it.
             
                       We had our first soccer game. Poor thing looks like he is wearing a dress. The kids were still figuring things out on the first game but Colby actually scored a goal on his second game. He was so excited.
 He Helped Aunt Paige make brownies. I think he may have tasted and/ or licked the bowl as well.  
                                  One of Jason's best friends got married and Jason had the honor of being the    best man. Apparently instead of a toast they got to sing karaoke.
 This picture gives me a huge case of the giggles. I believe they were singing Simple Man. That is some intense singing right there.....

Me and Melanie enjoyed some kid free time at the wedding!
I wish we would have gotten a better picture together but I think Jason was a little tired of pictures so I just gave up.

I am really enjoying the weather right now. I did miss not having a true winter this year, but I have enjoyed tossing the boots for my flip flops. Although the time change makes it a little harder to get out of the bed in the morning, it has been nice having several hours of daylight in the evenings after work. The weeks leading up to Easter are going to be busy but I can't wait. All Colby has asked for so far is a GIANT chocolate bunny. I think I can swing that. I will leave you with a "Colby funny" from a conversation in the car the other day. We were discussing what we get from different animals. I was a little timid to start this conversation because I was afraid I would turn him into a vegetarian if he realized chicken nuggets actually came from a chicken..... Anyways after learning beef comes from a cow and ham comes from a pig he says "so carrots come from rabbits?"  Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. CUTE! Love the wedding pictures, especially the singing ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

      Delete
  2. haha.."carrots come from rabbits" ;)
    Saw you on pure bloggers and curiosity took me here. I'm from Chile.
    Nice pics of the wedding and your child is very handsome...I have one too. He's 8.
    I'm looking forward to Easter too...I'm working on a project for that day...painting! and I agree with you..it's relaxing.
    I invite you to know my blog....there's a translation tool (if you want to read in ENglish) on the left bottom corner of the page...hope you can go.
    would it be too much if I ask you to exchange postcards?? I'm doing it with a woman form canda and just sent to other parts of the world...it would be wonderful to share, don't you think??
    Hugs from Chile and good luck with your brand new blog =)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete