Wednesday, March 7, 2012

10 Things we all have...

At work today my mind kept wondering too all of the billions of things I could have been doing at home rather than sitting at work. I started to jot down a list of those things and suddenly became aware that most everyone has these things..... or at least I hope you do!

1) A Catch All- Whether it be your bar, dining room table, a desk or a chair we all have that one place where our mail, purse, keys etc end up as soon as we walk in the door. It eventually multiplies to look like it has taken permanent residence up there. Mine unfortunately ends up in both of the dining room and the bar, each having a different culprit. Jason cleans his truck out and the contents go on the table. 4 jackets, 2 helmets, motorcycle gear and countless other JUNK currently reside there.

2) A junk drawer- From coupons to batteries, everyone has that drawer that is too overwhelming to clean. Stuff you cleaned off of your catch all spot end up in here too. Mine is so full it will barely open. Every time I do open it I immediately say "I need to clean that out" and promptly shut it back.

3)A closet that you would die if someone opened- I have 3 of these actually. You cringe as a guest walks in the room where the closet is located and you go full on ninja blocking them from the closet.

4) Stuff under your bed- Ever lose the remote under the bed and go to grab it and find something you have been looking for? Colby found a hat and a motorcycle man he has been missing for over a year the other night under my bed. Mental note to self to work on that...

5) Dirty Clothes on the floor- I own 4 clothes hampers. Only one is being used. Just one. After many come to Jesus meetings about where dirty clothes go I still pick up massive amounts in each room. Sigh....

6) Find something you forgot you had only to lose it again- I will randomly find something and say "hey there you are...now I will know where you are from now on" only to go looking for it a while later and not have a single clue as to where I saw it.

7) 1 pair of pants you refuse to get rid of- Whether it is your skinny jeans or a pair of yoga pants with 20 holes in them, we each have a pair that are unwearable but completely unable to toss.

8) A really bad habit- From biting your nails to smacking, each of us have one we can't seem to quit. For some reason I keep my finger in my eye. It irritates Jason to no end. Jason pops his knuckles and it drives me bonkers. So we are even I guess.

9)At least one regret- People who say they have no regrets in life obviously haven't sat down and thought about it very much. I have plenty of them. I stated in an earlier blog that I regret not spending more time in the kitchen with my mom when I was growing up. If you tell me to boil water now I still have to ask how long...... pitiful.

10) A soap box- I am pretty easy going....things that bother and stress most people just don't seem to phase me. Ive been through so much in my life I think I fully grasp the whole "Don't sweat the small stuff" thing. Jason is now shaking his head calling me a liar.... hunny this doesn't apply to you...you catch all my stress so you don't know the easy going side of me. Anywho I tend to let things roll right off of me and store them away in my "lets just not think about it" file....until someone mentions my soap box topic. From politics to religion, We all have that one thing that sets us off like nothing else. Mine if you must know is car seats. It UNNERVES me to no end to see an infant or child just chillin in a car not in a car seat or buckled up. The drive thru window is in my office and we see more kids out of car seats than in them. We had a lady NURSING a newborn while driving come through one day. Really.... Seriously... PULL OVER! Ok I will step off my soap box now!

I hope most of you can relate to any if not all of these. Hopefully I am not alone. Don't come to my house now and start trying to find my drawer and closet. 2 blogs in one week.....Super Excited.

2 comments:

  1. Well that pretty much sums up my life... thanks!! Oh and my soap box/pet peeve... why is there always urine on a public toilet seat?? Trivial, I know. But there is just NO excuse for it! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha right!?! And completely preventable. I have several soap boxes incliding ugg boots and shorts!

      Delete