Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ok God.... I hear ya!

Have you ever had a moment where God hit you straight between the eyes? If you grew up in church then if I said quote Philippians 4:13 I bet you could do it... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  As I prepared for my training union class at Church tonight I came across a passage of scripture... "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am in. I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content-whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4: 11-13."  How did I go through life this long and not ever read the 2 scriptures previous to one of  the most quoted scriptures? In that moment I was convicted. To many times we live our life in the "I want"  mindset versus "I am content with what I have." God gives us exactly what we need each day. This is a passage from the book we are studying.. "Your God can be trusted to grant you the supply you need to excel at His purposes. So if you don't have IT-whatever IT is- it's because you don't need IT. You may want IT, but it's not necessary in order to accomplish what He knows is most important for your life today. Otherwise He'd have given IT to you. He loves you too much to "withhold the good from those who live with integrity."  Whatever He has given or not given us is for a specific reason. Whether your want is something physical like a new car or bigger house or new purse....or an emotional want like a relationship, spouse, child....we must remember that we must be content with what we have. My preacher has a saying that goes "If you shine a flashlight in someones eyes, they can't see but if you shine it at their feet, they can see where it is they need to step."  I am not one to blast scripture daily on facebook as my intentions are not to flash it in people's face but this spoke so much to me tonight that I felt compelled to share it with those of you who read my little piece of PEACE I call my blog. May those 3 verses, 2 which were new to me, truly challenge us to find true contentment in this season in our life and not take one second, one thing, or one person He has already given us for granted for looking for things we want. May we seek Gods will daily so that we can see a difference between our wants and our needs. Have a wonderful week!

3 comments: