Friday, April 6, 2012

A quick blog....

I literally have just a few minutes to blog but I wanted to get some pics in. Each shares a funny story that hopefully will give you a chuckle.


One day while shopping (in a hurry) at the dollar general this child pulled a VERY fast one on me. I didn't turn my head but for just a second and he had gotten this push up and scanned it HIMSELF and darted to the door. The cashier just let him ring it up without even asking me. Once I had realized what he had done I had already paid for it. I let him keep it and couldn't hold back the laugh and you can see by his expression he was pretty proud of himself.

 Soccer is coming to a halt and it is really kind of sad. Colby has finally found an outlet for all that energy that he is good at. He has scored a goal at almost every game, if not multiple goals. We all have those moments in life that we will never forget.....well mine was at a soccer game a few weeks ago. Colby had ran the ball to the goal 3 times and each time missed the goal by just a hare. Finally he was able to run the ball all the way down and scored a great goal. He was so excited his eyes darted all over looking for me and he ran to give me the biggest hug and asked how proud I was of him. The fact that he wanted to share that with me.....just me....was an emotion I can't even put into words. I will cherish it for the rest of my life.

 Colby got to visit with the Easter Bunny at Touche in Ellisville. Here is a plug for that store....if you haven't been already, you NEED to go. There is so many neat thing to buy for yourself or a gift and there is also a bakery within who has the BEST petifores that I have ever eaten. He told the Easter bunny to bring him lots of stuff, although all he has technically asked for is a giant chocolate Easter bunny. I thought this was a cute pic of them two.

 When this occurred, we KNEW there was a problem. Colby never ever ever ever naps on the weekends.....ever. I knew the following was evident, but was shocked to see exactly how high it was....

 and that was under the arm! In a panic Jason and I threw him in the truck and dashed to the only medical facility open on a Sunday only to be told we were 7 minutes late and they weren't taking anymore patients for the day. You can imagine my response.....We took him back home and treated him with motrin until we could get him to see a doctor the next day. Result was just a fever virus that lasted for 4 days. Yes...4 days confined in the house with a 5 year old with just as much energy as a well day. We were both about stir crazy!

 Colby asked to help me make a cake the other night. He basically made it while I supervised.

 He was as excited about this mixer as Tim the tool man Taylor is with a new power tool! That bowl took a beating. This was by far the highlight to his week.

How cute is this picture. These 3 are something else.

With it being Easter weekend, I am humbled at the reflection of what the weekend means. Its an overwhelming, all consuming feeling of gratitude at the mere thought of what my Savior did for you and I all those years ago.

I will leave you with a few Colby funnies from this week:

After leaving the doctor, I told Colby I would treat him to McDonald's. I asked him what did he want. He said "I don't know let me ask my brain...."  After a few moments of silence I said "do you know what you want yet?" His response "No, my  brain hasn't text me back yet."

After getting ready for a wedding this past weekend, he looked at me and said "Oh momma you are beautiful!"  Why thank you Colby.... "well, it's just when you have on a dress....and makeup....but not before that"

While wearing a sour puss on his face on the way to school I asked him why the face? He said I am just angry. After asking why was he angry, he responded "Because these guys won't quit punching me in the face!" Um.....what guys Colby? "um....the ones up here in my imagination"

I heard him playing in the tub one night (which could be a blog in itself) and he had the red power ranger and the green lantern fighting till the death. I heard one call the other a "filthy maggot!" Now I will take full responsibility for teaching him 2 words....one being idiot due to my insane case of road rage, and the other being "dad darnit" just due to trying to refrain from worse words (anything else that comes out of his mouth just blame his daddy by default) but MAGGOT???? Where in the world did this come from? Alarmed, I walked in the bathroom and simply asked where he heard that word. He said "Well that's what those guys call Batman." That same night I heard that phrase on his batman CARTOON. Note to self.....erase maggot from his vocabulary.

I hope you all have a great Easter weekend. The weather is going to be beautiful!


2 comments:

  1. So glad he is feeling better! Hope you and the family have a wonderful Easter weekend! Can't wait to read more Colby funnies!! =)

    ReplyDelete