Friday, August 12, 2011

A tribute to my 20's......

I think I have been dreading turning 30 since the day I turned 20. There is something utterly depressing about not being a "20" something gal anymore. In my 20's, I found myself at times extremely happy, completely numb, reinvented, in a place of reconciliation, met new friends, changed careers, lost friends, had a child, in debt, anxious, made good decisions, made horrible decisions, gained weight, lost weight, gained weight again, lost my mind and found my soul. My 20s weren't terrible to me but at times could have been better which makes leaving them behind a little easier.  As I approach this new decade in my life, I hope for my 30s to be wiser, exciting, adventurous, worry free, settled, calm, fully in Gods word and content. I thank God for the lessons learned in my 20's.....even the ones that brought me to my knees. Looking back that is right where God wanted me so that he could mold me and make me into the woman I am today, teach me how to seek His guidance and to reassure my faith in Him. So in an effort to bid farewell to my youth, here are a few flashbacks. You might just find yourself in  one or two!!!


                      First I married this guy! Yea..... he knows he is handsome so don't comment on it.


                        Yep that is my baby sister Paige! Wow how she has grown right....

                                                         This was my 23rd birthday

                                                 My best friend Cristen had her 1st baby Mary


                                             We had her loving Ole Miss from the get go


    Lancome Business Manager was my occupation for 8 years. I miss these 2 girls alot!!

   I joke Alex was my first born! I didn't birth him but I sure loved and spoiled him like my own.


Love my May May


                                       This was 2005. We were on our way to a rodeo I think.....


                                                           Oh Boy!!! Life was about to change


                                                I was soooooo ready to have him!

                                                          Two very Preggo friends!!!
                                                   I looked a hot mess but still had to post.


                                                               My little Santa Claus


                                                                   First vacation to Destin


                                                        First snow! Colby HATED it!!!!


                                                               My little Stinker.....literally
                                                      Me and my Livie!! Love her


                                                                       First Birthday :)

                                                                         Road trip to the coast


                                             Made the best career change and met my Dixie chicks.
 Love these girls with all my heart. I absolutely LOVE going to work and laughing with them everyday!


                                                            My Melanie. She knows I love her


                                             After 12 years together, he is still my best friend


                                                     Beach trip! This was at the Crab Shack


                                                                    My lil family!!!

So here is to a new outlook on being 30! I am gonna make 30 look fabulous!!!!!  Thanks to everyone who made my 20's what they were and I am sorry if I didn't get you into my photo montage. I am thankful for my health, my family and my friends. I can't wait to see what the next 10 years brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment