Friday, July 29, 2011

The things he says.......

For those of you who know my child know he is a comedian. Some of the things that come out of his mouth astonish me, disgust me, enlighten me, frighten me, amaze me, disappoint me, and humble me. He is silly by nature, a true rebellion to the core, but also one of the most loving children you will ever meet. He is very random (which he gets honest) and he is constantly jumping from topic to topic. I remember when he was a baby saying " I will be so happy when he can talk" Well........ I think he took me a little too literally because the child rarely is silent. Here are just a few funny's from Colby:

1) Referring to the pollen on my car... "mommy is that yellow stuff God's snot?"

2) While watching Dora one day (and also being told repeatedly to sit down and be quite) Dora told them to stand up. After she repeated it 3 times, Colby screamed at the TV, "I done told you I cant stand up cuz my momma said to sit my butt in this chair and be don't move"

3) After telling him to ask his Granna to take him to the park " Granna will just say We'll see and mom you know what we"ll see means? It means NO!!!"

4) "Momma my battery is dead....can you charge it?"  what battery Colby? The one in my brain..... its exhausted

5) He loves to fit different "emotions" in sentences that don't belong. examples " i feel so jealous, anxious, nervous, grumpy etc...." Well one day on the way home from school he was having a regular routine tantrum over who knows what and suddenly mid whine he stopped and chanted to himself "Colby stop.....take a deep breath (which he did) and calm down..... now i feel all better mommy i just needed to chill out." I almost had a wreck from laughing.

6) The tornado siren went off one night so I grabbed him and got in the tub. While trying to explain to him what a tornado was he said "a tormaTo eats your house down just like termites"


There are many more that I wish I would have wrote down that I can't recall now. H makes me laugh, cry and wanna pull my hair out on a daily basis but I can always count on him to make me smile. The best thing he has ever said was during his prayers the other night "God bless my momma. I love her very much. She is the bestest mommy in the whole world!" Those moments make the worries and frustrations of the day just disappear.




We aren't cowboy fans but this was a birthday present so we had to let him play in it!



                                          He thought this was the coolest thing EVER!!!!


             
                                                            Hard to resist those eyes!!!



                            Proof he is always talking. It is difficult to get a family photo where he is quiet.

I had a "Oh no he is growing up" moment this week that may be little to some but for some reason was tragic for me. He graduated from Nick Jr to Nick toons. Bye Bye Blue's clues and hello Power rangers! He looked at me and asked can I please watch a big boy show now. Yes...... I shed a tear or two. Where is the pause button.......

No comments:

Post a Comment