Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A mothers love

I can't imagine life without my mother. Although I am thankful for her every single day, around mothers day I often reflect on how much she means to me. My mother is a Godly woman who raised me to know right from wrong and never compromised on her definition of right and wrong. She was always a shoulder when I needed to cry, she was there on several occasions to pick up the pieces of what was left of me and help me put them back together and she has been patient with me even when I made life decisions that she wouldn't have made herself. I can only pray that I will one day be as good a mother as she has been to me. When I am sick, she is still the one person I want to come take care of me. When something exciting happens, I call her immediately to tell her. She is who I go to for comfort, guidance, a laugh and sometimes just to vent. Although I soley blame her for Colby being rotten to the core (because there is no one there to spank nana), she has been an awesome grandmother to my child. So mom, from me to you, a VERY Happy Mothers Day. I hope I have made you proud in life and lived up to your expectations. Thank you doesn't even seem like an appropriate word.

No comments:

Post a Comment