Sunday, August 19, 2012

I know right!

I have several different verses on post its around my desk but there is one directly in my line of view at all times! I find myself having to look at it daily, sometimes hourly to remind me that worrying about the uncontrollable is pointless.

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."    Matthew 6:34

Why stress and worry about things we do not know, things unforeseen, things we make bigger in our heads than what they really are, things that we can't change even though we desperately want too, things that are not in OUR plans, or things that simply frighten us? What does that accomplish? I will tell you what it accomplishes..... it steals and robs you of TODAY'S joy! Ever went through a rough day where you were stressing something coming up in your life and before you went to bed realized you let the entire day go by without enjoying one breath you took that day? I am guilty of this. It is the very reason I need the verse with me at all times. Like the verse says, today brings enough trouble of its own so why combine that with stressing about the uncontrollable?

 Easier said than done, I promise I know that, but for those of you who are worry warts, I challenge you to write this verse down, put it somewhere where you can see it at all times, and the moment you start to feel that anxiety, read it, re read it, chant it aloud, speak it to Jesus and let it go! Remember you will never get a minute of your life back, no do-overs, no coulda woulda shoulda's.... so try to find your joy even in the midst of chaos and only dwell on one day at a time. Remember that Jesus holds our tomorrows and quite frankly He doesn't need our help. He has got this. Everything we go through is a lesson learned, faith renewed and we come out a changed person. If we didn't have these things to happen and life just always went our way, what kind of people would we be? The word FAITH wouldn't need to exist.

Hope you are having a great day. I'd love to see a picture of your verse if you choose to write it down. Remember to put it somewhere that is easily accessible. Aren't you thankful for scriptures like this? I know I surely am!

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    You have a definite gift to write! I love your blog!!! Keep on writing! ;)
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do not get to blog as often as I would like to but I enjoy doing it

      Delete