Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's gonna be a great year

It has been a very busy last couple of weeks! We had such a great Christmas this year and were blessed beyond measure. I don't know about you, but I have been threatening Colby with Santa since before Halloween! Although its only about 2% effective, it it the easiest rabbit to pull out of the hat. Since Colby rarely actually behaved when threatened with "Santa" I had to be sure to reinforce that Santa indeed had been watching him all year. That came in the form of a letter that Santa left Colby on Christmas morning. The letter in a nut shale stated that Santa had a very generous heart this year but that he would not be so forgiving next year if Colby insisted on behaving like Satan's spawn! Colby immediately ignored the letter and refuses to this date to discuss it. If you try bringing the letter up he will quickly change the subject or give me a remark of "I don't care". So here are a few pictures from Christmas.


We went to look at Christmas lights. I say we looked......Colby ran like the flash through the entire thing. I think we were done in 5 minutes.


One of the few family photos that we have.

This kid LOVES his nana. She couldn't hold him after her surgery so she agreed to get down on the floor with him.



About the only smile I am gonna get..... why do men hate taking pictures so much?

                                             My hero! Love her more than she will ever know!


                                               They both drive me bonkers but I love them still.....


                                                Another shot from looking at Christmas lights



            Santa got Oreo balls and diet coke this year rather than cookies and milk. We figured he wouldn't mind a change. We also fed the reindeer outside but those pictures didn't turn out so great. Someone forgot to eat the reindeer food though so we were a little disappointed the next day that it was still there. Oops.....


He loves this part!



Jason worked New Years Eve so after I attended a wedding for some good friends of ours (Congrats Joel and Kelli) Colby and I got in our pajamas and watched TV. I didn't make it to midnight but Jason did drop by to wake me up for a New Years kiss. That was a great way to start my new year. He will now be embarrassed I shared that but in his own words..... Oh Well. 

Today was a GORGEOUS fall day right smack dab in the middle of winter. Colby woke up bound and determined that he wanted a friend to come over and play. He gets so bored and mom is only so much fun so we decided to go on a play date. He invited his friend Blair to come along. They had a lengthy discussion in the car that they could not be boyfriend and girlfriend because she already had a boyfriend named Collin and he had a girlfriend named Bayleigh so they would have to JUST be friends.  We started out at the zoo....


Who doesn't love the train....

If you know Blair Wicker then you know that this moment will forever more be entered in the hall of fame of AWESOME moments. She is obsessed with alligators and low and behold we got to pet one. Her face was priceless.


Posing by the llama that they both called a camel. A kind yet obnoxious kid kept correcting them.

            
Then we hit up the park where these two had the best time playing. We ended the night with a trip to Kids Rule to jump for a while then a dinner date to McAlisters. They had a blast and wore themselves out.

2011 was an eventful year but pleasant. I turned 30, celebrated 10 years of marriage, my baby turned 5 and is in his last year of daycare, great and exciting things going on at church, everyone I know either had a baby or is pregnant, my baby sister is now a licensed driver and my mom had surgery. I decided not to make any resolutions this year. I rarely am able to keep them anyways. I did resolve that instead of focusing on what I really wanted to change on the outside, I would focus on working on the inside instead. I hope to find myself less stressed, always optimistic, not sweating the small stuff as well as things that I can't change, spending more QUALITY time with my family and most importantly spending the time with God that he rightfully deserves. I hope each of you have a wonderful year and I look forward to documenting mine and sharing it with you.  

2 comments:

  1. Found you from "People I want to Punch in the Throat." You look like such a positive person. Thank you for sharing.
    www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete